- Fresh hot buttermilk biscuits, local honey and jam
- Scrambled eggs (that you collect in the morning)
- Maple sausage links or honeyed ham
- Fresh fruit
- Ranch chili, topped with cheese
- Sweet cornbread with honey-spun butter
- Apples from the trees (share with your horse)
- Grilled ground beef hamburgers, with all the fix-ins
- Homefry potato wedges with BBQ sauce
- Garden-fresh veggies and ranch dip
- Grilled sweet onions
- Homemade potato salad or coleslaw
- S'mores around the campfire
(secret ingredient? everyone brings one to share)
We do our very best to provide for special diet needs. Please note all needs on the Health Form, so we can plan for the camp menu.
One of our favorite Burnt River Ranch Camp Recipes is featured in the June/July 2010 issue of "Taste of Home" magazine.
Ribeye Steak and
Grilled Sweet Onions
- 4 grass-fed Oregon ribeye steaks
- 4 large sweet onions, quartered
- 4 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 tsp. seasoned salt
While your steaks are grilling, place onion wedges with garlic in center on a sheet of foil. Dot with butter and sprinkle with salt. Fold foil around onion mixture and seal tightly. Grill over med. heat or in campfire coals for 30-35 minutes or until onions are tender. Open foil carefully and enjoy with a good steak.
"Onions and garlic? Yes, the kids love it. The sweet onions caramelize over the fire and are delicious with steak, in a hamburger or just on their own. The smell is heavenly."
~ Raeann Van Arsdall
Burnt River Ranch Camp in Oregon